Winter Hut Trips
$145.00 – $795.00
Snow, warm huts, great friends, awesome food, and backcountry skill mentoring!
This is the essence of all of our hut trip! Choose the adventure and backcountry program that best fits your goals for this coming winter.
Dec. 12-13, 2023- The 2nd Annual Outdoor Professional’s Seminar is for all current and aspiring outdoor professionals who want connect with other Colorado outdoor guides, instructors, vendors, and outdoor program professionals. Snowshoes or skis/split boards are fine for this program. Lodging is in the new 10th Mntn Div- Sister’s Hut, Breckenridge, CO.
The next two programs require:
- ski/split-board with skins (client provided),
- beacon/shovel/probe (can be provided),
- riding skills- advanced blue diamond to mid-black diamond resort level skiing and boarding,
- completed 24-hour Avalanche Level 1 course.
Jan 5-7, 2024- Emmelyn Hut, Leadville, CO. This is a great introduction to backcountry skiing/riding and to applying your AIARE Decision Making in Avalanche Terrain” Level 1 skills. Join two experienced guides for a weekend skiing/riding. Breakfasts and Dinners provided.
Feb 27-March 1, 2024- Jays Hut (1-night) then ski tour to Fowler-Hilliard Hut (2-nights). We’ll be riding backcountry laps at both locations and navigating from one location to another on Day #2. A hold-over on day #3 gives us ample time to explore alpine and treed riding options. Breakfasts and Dinners provided.
Links are made to backcountry travel techniques for small groups and AIARE Avalanche Rescue and Level 2 Skills.
Regular Course Includes:
- Lodging at beautiful backcountry huts.
- Breakfasts and Dinners
- Mentored field days in small groups with an instructor.
- Beacon, Shovel, Probe for use during course
- Field Book
- Dec 12-13, 2024- Sister’s Hut, Breckenridge, CO – Outdoor Professionals’ Seminar
- Jan. 5-7, 2024- Emmelyn Hut, Leadville, CO
- Feb. 27-March 1, 2024- Jays Hut & Follower-Hilliard Huts, 10th Mntn Hut backcountry Touring Trip
- Custom Programs- Tundra Hut, Georgetown, CO